Hi there,
This is a post for friends about an idea, which I recently came across led me to make a radio controlled electric socket.
I'm using a pump when I'm watering the plants in the garden. The issue with this method I have to run back from the garden to the pump to turn that on. I wanted to solve this issue. Something which would be able to remotely turn off the power for the pump would make it. Something similar as our remote controlled garage door. So then I went to my favorite online market to look after a electric kit for that. Then I found this:
This is great to my project, I would add a box for that plus an electric socket and job done. 😃
So here you are the story.
I've ordered from the above RC switch. I've ordered with 220V and 433 Mhz as this would work in EU. Please note: In EU only 433MHZ RC transmitter is allowed by the law.
So here your are the stuff I bought:
I bought, a bigger box which high enough for the socket, electric socket, battery for the transmitter and the remote switch.
First of all I cut a hole on the lead of the box to fit the socket.
This is a post for friends about an idea, which I recently came across led me to make a radio controlled electric socket.
I'm using a pump when I'm watering the plants in the garden. The issue with this method I have to run back from the garden to the pump to turn that on. I wanted to solve this issue. Something which would be able to remotely turn off the power for the pump would make it. Something similar as our remote controlled garage door. So then I went to my favorite online market to look after a electric kit for that. Then I found this:
| Let the seller know your preferred Volgate, 110V or 220V also the frequency. In EU only 433MHZ is allowed. |
So here you are the story.
I've ordered from the above RC switch. I've ordered with 220V and 433 Mhz as this would work in EU. Please note: In EU only 433MHZ RC transmitter is allowed by the law.
So here your are the stuff I bought:
![]() |
| Stuff I used for this project |
First of all I cut a hole on the lead of the box to fit the socket.
Once this is done, we can do some cabling. This is the plan, very simple:
And this is how that looks in real life
Lets close the box and have a quick test
Voilà!
This wasn't too difficult, right? 😃
Bye for now.







Megjegyzések
Megjegyzés küldése