Hi Guys,
This is me again :) Let me share with you a new problem and its solution, also I'm trying to emphasize here that recycling can be a very useful thing :)
When disassembling surprise, surprise, I found a HDD in it and a power supply, which had many common outputs, even symmetric voltage output like -5V, +5V.
Hooray, this was what I was looking for. "This must be perfect for my projects" - I thought. I had a spare of step-up converter, so any voltage, till its max. 50V, I could setup with that above 5V as that will be its input voltage :)
I grab a spare box, unfortunately wooden one (please don't do the same) I'd suggest rather a plastic box for electric projects ;-)
I drilled couple of whole on the box for power cable and switch:
I've used the existing screw holes on power supply's board to keep that stable in the box. And drilled some holes for the outputs as well. I used female banana plugs for this purpose.
The connections of the banana plugs from inside of the box:
Now the most interesting part is the step-up voltage converter. You can find many types on your favorite online market place. I had a spare one and used one of the many 5V outputs from the power supply to feed this lil' magic board. I placed it near to the top of the box and tried firmly fix it by using cable tie, which actually worked pretty well. This was needed because the module I'm using have a little screw on it. Using that screw I can change the output voltage of the module.
Here you are the result, I could run a 24V fan using 5V ;-)
This is me again :) Let me share with you a new problem and its solution, also I'm trying to emphasize here that recycling can be a very useful thing :)
The Problem:
Recently I would need a power supply for one of my hobby projects. I used to collect the old phone's power adapters for this purpose, which I suggest to do for anyone, this can be handy - but I couldn't find the best match from my collection. Ordering from a online market place would take too many time. I'm generally not a patient guy.The Solution:
Never give up. :) I started to dig deeper in my workshop and have found a very old T-Systems set top box. I googled around and found that's hard to re-use because that's encrypted somehow, and the hardware is way to old. I thought that'll be OK too, I'll take a part grab some buttons or LEDs or anything for my hobby projects.When disassembling surprise, surprise, I found a HDD in it and a power supply, which had many common outputs, even symmetric voltage output like -5V, +5V.
Hooray, this was what I was looking for. "This must be perfect for my projects" - I thought. I had a spare of step-up converter, so any voltage, till its max. 50V, I could setup with that above 5V as that will be its input voltage :)
I grab a spare box, unfortunately wooden one (please don't do the same) I'd suggest rather a plastic box for electric projects ;-)
I drilled couple of whole on the box for power cable and switch:
I've used the existing screw holes on power supply's board to keep that stable in the box. And drilled some holes for the outputs as well. I used female banana plugs for this purpose.
The connections of the banana plugs from inside of the box:
Now the most interesting part is the step-up voltage converter. You can find many types on your favorite online market place. I had a spare one and used one of the many 5V outputs from the power supply to feed this lil' magic board. I placed it near to the top of the box and tried firmly fix it by using cable tie, which actually worked pretty well. This was needed because the module I'm using have a little screw on it. Using that screw I can change the output voltage of the module.
Here you are the result, I could run a 24V fan using 5V ;-)
Thanks for reading, I hope you did enjoy this at least as much I've enjoyed to put this little project together. Please stay tuned, I've ordered a Voltage and Amperage display for this project, which I planning to build in and will share with you Guys.
Bye for now!





Megjegyzések
Megjegyzés küldése